Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sussan
Helper II
Helper II

Timer and Refresh

Hi, 

I have a timer which i added to my screen. I want my data source (sharepoint list) to be connected to this timer and put a rule that every moment the timer reaches 5 seconds, the data refreshes without the need to click "refresh" on my screen.

Also, i want this to be invisible to others but only visible to editors. Can you help me understand what do i need to do to reflect these 2 points?

Thank you!

Su

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @Sussan ,

Here's a video on how to use a timer to refresh your datasource: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWcQ5MsQ1Xw

On you second questions, what do you wish to use as a datasource to identify who is an editor? Should this only be visible when editing, or also when playing the app?

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @Sussan ,

Here's a video on how to use a timer to refresh your datasource: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWcQ5MsQ1Xw

On you second questions, what do you wish to use as a datasource to identify who is an editor? Should this only be visible when editing, or also when playing the app?

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.
Sussan
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks for sharing the video @BCBuizer . 🙂 Only visible when editing. 

Thanks!

Su

BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @Sussan ,

The only thing I can think of is to place the timer control on a screen where users can't navigate to. Like that, you'll only see it when editing the app.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,441)