cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Timer value in multiple sharepoint list columns

Hi team.

I was trying to build a check time record system for my workplace where we check surgery materials after a surgery and would like to record how long a check takes for 10 times and then take the average of it. The timer would start onScreen visible and end with the submit button. I'm strugling with going to the next database field after each record and was hoping to find a solution with you guys.

I have a sharepoint list where I have 10 different Check columns, Check1/Check2/Check3/... 
My sharepoint list is called DFKitNames.
The timer is called Timer2.

SteveDK_0-1610872684594.png

Thank you in advance,
Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Randy.

Thanks for your reply. It makes sense to use the Now() instead of the timer value. I wasn´t thinking about that.

The submit button formula is indeed a form submit.

Kind regards,

Steve

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

@SteveDK 

I am not sure what value the Timer brings to your solution...

You can take a snapshot variable of the Time when the screen is visible : UpdateContext({lclStartTime: Now()})

And then on your submit, you can write the difference of that variable and the now Now() to get the number of minutes (or seconds or whatever you want) and then that value would write to your list.

The reason I would steer away from the Timer is that the timer can stop. If a user happens to go to another app and then back to yours (even just to check email for example) then your timer will not have the correct value as it will have paused during that time.  With the above suggestion, you will always have the accurate start and end times and difference thereof.

Now, for your specific questions - what is your Submit button OnSelect formula?  Are you using an EditForm or are these custom controls (i.e. Label, TextInput) on your screen?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

Hi Randy.

Thanks for your reply. It makes sense to use the Now() instead of the timer value. I wasn´t thinking about that.

The submit button formula is indeed a form submit.

Kind regards,

Steve

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (29,261)