Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlanCampbell
Helper I
Helper I

Timestamp generated by android device is not correct

Good evening all,

I've got an app where a record is being timestamped using the DateAdd(Now(),seteta,Minutes)    seteta is a variable being used to add 10, 20 or 30 minutes to the time.

When a windows PC or IOS device uses the app, the timestamp is correct (using the same user) but when an android device is used the times stamp is out by +1 hr.  timezone is  of users is Sydney, Australia.  The timezone will always be the same.  Is there a way to force timezone?

3 REPLIES 3
AlanCampbell
Helper I
Helper I

I've just looked at the raw data in my SQL table where the data is stored, the time being saved is out by an hour. the time on the android device is correct, I'm wodering if daylight savings if daylight savings isn't being applied correctly, but why only on android with teh powerapps, anythoughts on how to debug this?

bdodu
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Most probable you have in the database the UTC datetime and in the app the localdatetime.

There is the TimeZoneOffset function which you should use, please find here the usage.

As best practice I used in my apps was to keep the datetime in database as UTC and convert it within the app with the proper TimeZone.

Hi bdodu, the android device is the only device that is storing the incorrect UTC time in the database, IOS and windows devices using hte app are all storing correct times in UTC, I am using the 

now()

command,  IOS and windows both save the same time to the sql database (in UTC) the android device is out by +1 hour

it's very odd, as I can't figure out how to tell which type of device is using the app, I can't adjust the time when it is saved.  

any thoughts?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,901)