cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guruprasanna
Level: Powered On

Title and sub title fields in browse screen not showing the fields created from the relation entity

Hi Experts,

I have a field in one entity which is created based on the relation, I wanted to show that field as a title field in the app browse screen but system is showing only current entity fields but not the one which is created from relation, can anyone help me on this ?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Title and sub title fields in browse screen not showing the fields created from the relation ent

Hi @Guruprasanna,

I just tested and though the lookup field that created from relationship does not show in the list as in your screenshot, it could be show in the gallery. Just set the Text property of Lable control to:

ThisItem.FieldName.XXXX

XXXX part depends on this lookup field. You just need to add the "." behind your field name and all the available parameter would show in the drop list. In my app:

Capture.PNG

In addition, please make sure that the CDS you created and the app you created are in the same environment.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Guruprasanna
Level: Powered On

Re: Title and sub title fields in browse screen not showing the fields created from the relation ent

Hi @v-monli-msft,

Thanks for the reply !, Well it worked for the primary field of the secondary table, but not for the other fields. In your example let say contactId will work not Full name respect to contact. 

In my case, the secondary entity(Roles - CDS) which is having two fields one is RolesID and Description. As you mentioned when I use  ThisItem.Roles.RolesId it will work and it display the respective role id. suppose if i want to display description of the role id by giving ThisItem.Roles.Description this will not display the description. And I have added rolesId and Description to default lookup field group. Am i missing any thing please suggest, Thanks for the help !

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,967)