Helper III

To display dates between start date and end date

Hi,

I have start date and end date as two different date pickers,

Formula for start date

Screenshot (109).png

Formula for end date

Screenshot (110).png

I have to display these dates in one gallery, I have formula in items of gallery as DateRange

Screenshot (111).png

I have one button to patch all dates displayed in gallery to Sharepoint list. Formula to patch all dates in splist isScreenshot (112).png

Here My issue is : If I select dates for two months(02-08-2021-02-11-2021) all dates are getting displayed in gallery but it is not getting patched, while patching some dates in between are missing when patching to splist from gallery. And also it is taking much time to patch when I select more dates.

Sometimes , all dates are getting patch , but in most cases only few dates are getting  patched from gallery to splist .

Any suggestion would be helpful

Thanks in Advance

4 REPLIES 4
Nogueira1306
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey! I think evertything is correct. Although i would use a formula for dates like this:

Filter(myItens; DateAdd(Date;0;Days) >= DatePicker1.SelectedDate; DateAdd(Date;0;Days) =< DatePicker2.SelectedDate)

But I think that both ways work.

For the patch. Do you have a ForAll ?

Also. It is slow becaus of the number of itens. As everything, if you insert more items, the slower it gets.

The Patch may also not work because of that

bkk
Helper I
Helper I

As @Nogueira1306 suggested more records in ForAll would be slower when doing patch. Instead of patch from Power Apps, send it to Power Automate and insert/update the records. I did something like this for a customer of mine.

Hi,

Thanks for  your suggestion.

Can you give any idea to use power automate for patch

bkk
Helper I
Helper I

Create a Power Automate flow and Call from Power Apps. You send all the data from Power Apps to Power Automate in JSON Format. Look for JSON function in Power Apps.

Let us say you have a Power Automate flow called "FinalSave" which takes string parameter (for JSON input). In Power Apps on a button click of save

FinalSave.Run(JSON(myDataCollection,includeBinaryData));

myDataCollection is your collection that contains all the data that you want to save. The JSON method will convert your collection to JSON and include binary data flag will tell you to include attachments and or other binary data.

Hope this is helpful.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,863)