cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZaraDimitrova
Frequent Visitor

Toggle Button Default Property Not Working with Multiple || Conditions

Hello guys,

I am working on a canvas app that looks like an Excel editable grid. The data feeds from a SharePoint list. I have inserted a toggle button in the gallery. Its Default formula evaluates whether there is any change in any of the fields for the record. If any field for the record has changed, I want to turn the toggle button on and then patch the changes only for those records where the button is turned on. If I use a single condition and evaluate for only one of the fields, the button functions correctly. However, it is not working with multiple conditions (it always stays turned on). Do you have any idea why?

ZaraDimitrova_0-1625066401482.png

Thanks,

Zara

2 REPLIES 2
DylanSimons
Resolver III
Resolver III

Have you tested all of the conditions separately and they all work?

I have run into issues with doing exactly this before when the raw data is empty and the PowerApp text input is also empty. For some reason it came back with them being different Text values. I wound up creating hidden controls with the data from Sharepoint List and comparing these controls with the editable controls.

For example, Name_TextInput is visible, but Hidden_Name_TextInput is hidden. they both have the same default property of the "Name" field. Now, you need to change all of the conditions to Hidden_Name_TextInput.Text = Name_TextInput.Text. Do this for everything, text input, date picker, dropdowns, etc.

Hi @DylanSimons,

I have tested these one by one and the issue seems to be in the comparions between the Person-type fields, e.g. the HRBP field. ThisItem.HRBP. DisplayName doesn't seem to be comparable to First(cbHRBP.SelectedItems).DisplayName 😞

Regards,

Zara

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,037)