cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TML
Level 8

Toggle Fill missing?

I am using a toggle in a gallery to show the status.  I have been able to set the color of the toggle "button" based on its true or false value.  However, I am setting the background of the gallery's currently selected row to dark gray.  This makes the background fill around the text dark gray as well.  I want the background around the text to be white at all times.  See me screen shot below.  The first two are not selected, the third one is.  It makes the text hard to read.  Wouldn't this normally be the "Fill" property?  I don't have a "Fill".  I have TrueFill and FalseFill which sets the color or the toggle button.

ToggleFill.jpg

Am I mising where to set this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Toggle Fill missing?

@TMLyes, it does not have a fill property to it like you suggest.

One workaround is to put a rectangle shape underneath it and set its fill to white.  That will always give you a white background to that toggle.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

@TMLyes, it does not have a fill property to it like you suggest.

One workaround is to put a rectangle shape underneath it and set its fill to white.  That will always give you a white background to that toggle.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

Microsoft RusselThomas
Microsoft

Hi TML,

The Toggle control doesn't have a standard Fill property that I'm aware of.

The easiest way to achieve the effect you're looking for is to insert a rectangle icon, make it white and place it just behind the toggle control.

Hope this helps,

RT

Microsoft RusselThomas
Microsoft

too quick @RandyHayes 😉

TML
Level 8

Thanks Randy & Russel... I should have thought of that myself.  Seems weird that every control under the sun has a fill but not the toggle.  It even has a "HandleFill" which is the round circle that slides left and right.

Super User
Super User

I know what you mean...seems like they didn't expose that one.

The GOOD news is that you can now use Components and create your own control that would have a White shape under a Toggle control.  Expose whatever properties you want and then reuse it in your App without having to add a bunch of shapes to all your toggles. Definite "Like" for Components (even though still experimental).

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,259)