cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Toggle Initiates Email

I have a Toggle control that is manually manipulated, and indicates whether a member is 'Active' or 'Inactive'.

I have set a condition in the Toggle control OnStart to send an email whenever the Toggle changes. 

Office365Outlook.SendEmail("Blah_Blahaah@email.com","Member Operational Status Changed","The Following Member has been Placed in Inactive Status")

The email works. However, the contents do not indicate what the actual change was; 'Active' to 'Inactive' or 'Inactive' to 'Active'.

1. Is there a way to translate into the email what the change is that is actual taking place?

2. Is there a way to write a condition so that it adds fields (i.e. MemberName, Location, ComplainceStatus), from the Power Apps screen to the email content?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The resolution was to place the following email condition in the 'OnSelect' of the Toggle control.

3csman_0-1612302170483.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello, 

If I am understanding correctly, you are wanting your manual toggle to also reflect a users status in Outlook? I was able to find a similar forum post that mentions that this is currently not a capability yet. They also attached a link to and ideas forum. I would definitely encourage you to post it as an idea. I am sharing the link below to that post. Please let me know if this is the task you are looking to accomplish. If it isn't, I will advise further!

Link to solved post:

Solved: Outlook Availability/Status - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Regards,

Jordan

-------

Community Support Team - Jordan McCowan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If you would like to create a ticket with Microsoft Customer Support here is a link on how to do so: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/get-help-support

Sir, I was trying to get the toggle change to update the status in the SP list and auto-generate an email indicating the change has taken place.

I have resolved the issue. Thank you for your reply.

I'm glad to hear you were able to resolve!

Could you share your resolution and mark it as the solution for other community members who may run into a similar situation? 

Regards,

Community Support Team - Jordan McCowan

The resolution was to place the following email condition in the 'OnSelect' of the Toggle control.

3csman_0-1612302170483.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (23,159)