cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate II
Advocate II

Toggle Visibility BUG In Improved App Rendering (final validation) Mode

I have an app that has been working correctly, however recently toggle visibility has stopped working (not sure which update caused this; I will try to do some more research to narrow that down.)  I do know that the issue exists in 3.18091.15 (possibly earlier versions as well).

The app has a field / toggle that when true shows other fields / toggles.  Such that if "Other Permits" is true / yes, then a list of other toggles for the various permits is shown.  By default Other Permits is false / no and the other fields are hidden (as shown below).

IMG_9611e.png

Upon toggling the field to yes the other fields are shown (as shown below).

IMG_9612e.png

Upon toggling the field to no, and then yes again the other fields are shown, but their toggles are not (mostly, one toggle does appear) (as shown below).

IMG_9613e.png

Setting Improved App Rendering off resolves the issue.  Setting it back on again reintroduces the issue.

For reference, the visible field on one of these toggles simply references the Other Permits toggle's value.

OtherPermitRequiredSwitch.Value

This issue is witnessed on an iOS device.  It does not occur in a web browser.

Any help would be greatly appricated.

Joey

40 REPLIES 40

Ye, confirmed. This seems to be working fine now with Global or Local variables. Can also use a single variable such as UpdateContext({tab: 1}) and use tab = 1 or tab = 2 as the Visible property on a field. In other words, you don't have to have 1 variable per visibility state.

This is awesome, so glad it's working again with the new rendering engine.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (13,521)