cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Microsoft
Microsoft

Too many Columns in Gallery

Hi,

I am building excel type UI and leveraging gallery to build the application. The problem is I have too many columns so I am using Containers for both horizontal and vertical scrolls. The problem is while using Containers some of the columns are going out of the screen and I am not able to find them to position them correctly on the screen. 

v-shsi16_1-1611552109595.png

Please suggest some ways to achieve this.

Thanks,

Shreyansh

4 REPLIES 4
Super User II
Super User II

@v-shsi16 

Use a datatable control instead of a gallery.

Hi Drrickryp,

Yes, but data table is read-only. Requirement is to edit the table like in Excel  and as far as I know we can not edit the data table . Let me know if I am wrong.

Super User II
Super User II

@v-shsi16 

You are correct in that a gallery can be designed for editing similar to an infopath form while a datatable cannot. However, imho the best design it's a gallery or datatable paired with a form for editing a record. There is much more flexibility in this pairing than to try to force a gallery to act as a spreadsheet. 

Yes Sir, you are right , that was the way I designed it earlier, pairing data table with an editable form , but requirement is to mirror the behavior of excel like tables.
Thanks and Regards,

Shreyansh

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (36,346)