cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper V
Helper V

Too many SQL records for Power Apps?

I have a couple of SQL tables, one containing 650K records, the other 15 million. I'm trying to filter the data down and I'm getting results back, but not all of the expected results (20ish out of 860 from the table with 650K rows).

Filter formula: 
Filter('schema.table', ID = SourceID.Text)

Since Filter is delegable, I was expecting this to work. Is it just too much data for apps to handle?

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @kriggo15 

Where are you calling your filter function?

If for example you set the items property of a gallery control to this formula, the control will load the data in batches. When you scroll to the bottom of the gallery at runtime, the control will load the next batch of records. The user will eventually be able to retrieve all the expected results.

If you call ClearCollect to load the result of the filter function into a collection, the maximum number of records that you can collect will be 2000.

I'm using variations in a couple different locations. I'm basically using combo boxes to filter down through a database structure.

For Columns, I've tried to use a listbox and a data table to display, but I'm not getting results for either one. Hope that makes sense.
SQL issue.png

I created a brand new app with the necessary sources and compared it to the app I was trying to add this functionality to and it is working fine in the new app.

Could I possibly be hitting a memory issue in one and not the other?

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (93,876)