cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Tool tip

Hi,

I want to add some instructions to fill the data in the field. If I add text in tooltip , it shows when someone hovers over that field. I would like to appear when someone either clicks on that field or which is the other way to show it. Please suggest.

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @hiti ,

You can Use the Variable to set onClick.
Like, suppose the "OnSelect/OnChange" Property of Text Box, set the variable, and use the same variable for visibility.
See the reference - 

VijayTailor_0-1614051296115.pngThe same approach is applicable to All types of components.

Thanks,
Vijay 

Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."-Vijay

Super User II
Super User II

@hiti 

Tooltips only work when the user hovers over the control.  That behavior cannot be changed.  As an alternative you can put an icon or a button on the screen and use UpdateContext({vis:!vis}) as its OnSelect property and put a label on the screen with the instructions and make its Visible property "vis".  Clicking the button will toggle the instructions.  Put UpdateContext({vis:false}) in the OnVisible property of the screen so the default will be that the instructions are not visible until the user selects the button._!.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (59,493)