cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NE0
Regular Visitor

Tooltips in BrowseGallery Item

We have built an approval PowerApp that we're putting the finishing touches on. We have traffic lights to show the status of the project but the users would like to get the Status Value when hovering over the circle icon (see image attached).

Inside the BrowserGallery item, I have 2 circles but can't seem to get the tooltip set to a dynamic value. 

ThisItem.Status.Value

The above code does a literal translation. What is the proper syntax for a dynamic tooltip over a circle object?

NE0_0-1616168480640.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@NE0 

You are setting this in the right hand property pane.

Instead go to the formula editor at the top and choose the ToolTip property - remove the double quotes around the formula.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@NE0 

Make sure that ThisItem.Status.Value is not contained within "Apostrophes"

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@NE0 

You are setting this in the right hand property pane.

Instead go to the formula editor at the top and choose the ToolTip property - remove the double quotes around the formula.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,848)