cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bobby_Wallace
Frequent Visitor

Tracing SQL

I am trying to find a way to trace the SQL statements being issues by PowerApps. When I submit a form, I am getting:

An entry is required or has an invalid value. Please correct and try again.

I have reviewed the "required" fields and the table definition and I don't see a problem. If I could see a SQL trace, or even a detailed error description, I could debug this a little easier.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the input.

• It's not a primary key definition issue. The table does have a primary key, and it is defined as an Identity (althought I wouldn't the primary key reqired to be an Identity.
  • It's not Azure.
  • And FYI - SQL Profiler only works when you have sa privileges.

I destroyed the screen and started from scratch and all is copacetic.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dinusc
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello @Bobby_Wallace,

I'm not aware about a way to trace the logs in PowerApps.

Please note that the SQL table the PowerApps writes to must contain a private key column with "identity" setting (auto increment). This usually is the most common reason for the erro you mentioned in your post.

Hi @Bobby_Wallace

I agree with @dinusc - it's likely that the primary key column isn't set up as an 'identity' column. You may find some of the details in this post useful.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/PowerApps-with-SQL-server-connection/td-p/929...

If you're using on-premises SQL Server (rather than SQL Azure), you can use SQL Server Profiler to see the SQL statements that PowerApps is issuing.

Thanks for the input.

• It's not a primary key definition issue. The table does have a primary key, and it is defined as an Identity (althought I wouldn't the primary key reqired to be an Identity.
  • It's not Azure.
  • And FYI - SQL Profiler only works when you have sa privileges.

I destroyed the screen and started from scratch and all is copacetic.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,501)