cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Training

Are there training opportunities, sort of like a bootcamp, for Microsoft Power Apps?  I would like to register for a comprehensive training in 2020.  Any thoughts of where I can find the best training options.  I prefer an instructor led classroom setting and not an online only course.

Thanks for any suggestions.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Training

Hi @AB60 

Because Power Apps is so new, there is very little out there for classroom training. When you say you prefer instructor led training, do you mean exclusively in person, or is instructor led online sufficient? Because there are few people out there offering online instructor led courses that you can find on google.

---
Please hit the "Accept as Solution" button if my post answered your question! If my post was helpful please consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the response.  I would definitely start with a Microsoft apps bootcamp, flows in particular, including power automate, sharepoint, analytics, etc.  I am looking for a classroom environment, 2-3 day intensive training somewhere, with some sort of online support post microsoft apps bootcamp.  

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Dynamics Edge PowerApps Training - Re: Training

Hi @AB60, - Dynamics Edge (www.dynamicsedge.com) offers high quality instructor led PowerApps Training (use this link for more info) and boot camps, both online (Live Virtual) and in-person (physical, in-person, in-classroom setting)

in January 2020 and beyond.

We offer custom high quality courses like our Course 97030: PowerApps Build Your Own App -  this is one of our comprehensive workshops and boot camps on PowerApps and Power Platform.

We also offer a number of other PowerApps and Power Platform training courses  

We also offer a number of Power Automate (formerly Microsoft Flow) training courses as well.

We can also build a custom PowerApps, Power Automate, or Power Platform training course just for you. We offer some live instructor led classroom setting course delivery options, although our options are primarily Live Virtual. We can offer in-person live instructor led courses in our primary dedicated location just a few miles west of Washington DC if that works for you. We also have other in-person locations throughout the United States and may be able to offer the class live at your location. Where are you located by the way? 

Do you have only one person or might there be others joining you like a group? Sometimes we have more flexibility, options, and available locations, and better pricing as well for a group. We may have options for individual in-person but they may be much more limited and the pricing may be a little less appealing compared to group pricing.

Where are you located by the way? We can help you.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@AB60 

That doesn't really exist anywhere. Microsoft does offer partner bootcamps, for certified partners. So if your company is a certified Microsoft partner then you can get in touch with your partner rep and talk about being invited to a bootcamp. Bear in mind, the one I attended required certifications like MB-210 and a certain amount of Power Apps investment by your customers in order to get invited.

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@SKH19 

"It doesn't exist anywhere"

This claim is not true, We at Dynamics Edge do offer PowerApps training and we do have options.

We do not guarantee post-course support though. We offer it on a courtesy basis though to some of our enrollees, but our offerings are fully on an AS-IS basis. We have sometimes extended post-course courtesy support, sometimes exceeding the satisfaction of some people who wanted it "guaranteed" even if it was not technically included, so we do have options and we even sometimes included post-course support beyond the satisfaction of people who may have even enrolled elsewhere that "guaranteed" it and they left dissatisfied, and with us they left satisfied!

We can offer specific post-course sessions if needed as part of a custom PowerApps or Power Automate (Flow) course that can be built with us at Dynamics Edge. 

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@AB60 ,

Regarding your request for PowerApps training:

"Microsoft apps bootcamp, flows in particular, including power automate, sharepoint, analytics... looking for a classroom environment, 2-3 day intensive training somewhere, with some sort of online support post microsoft apps bootcamp"

We at Dynamics Edge (www.dynamicsedge.com) can potentially offer the above for you, where are you located and will you be the only person or are other people / your colleagues interested in joining as well? Does it have to be in person physical or are you open to Live Instructor Led Online delivery? As for support afterwards, that can be offered as well such as a follow up session after class if you would like. Would you like this?

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @AB60 

If you haven't heard of the "app in a day" events, it's worth looking into further.

Perhaps the content might be too basic for you, but the events are free and it'll provide some good networking opportunities with others that want to learn more.

https://www.microsoftevents.com/profile/web/index.cfm?PKwebID=0x1024196abcd 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,412)