cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bvandyke22
Helper III
Helper III

Transfer Items from one table to another

I've posted this before, but have had no luck with it.

I have a work order app that is shared among 3 groups. A common occurrence is having something for the SCADA or Measurement Group submitted as an Electrical work order. We would like to be able to press a button on the screen where we view the details of the work order and transfer that ticket to whichever group is tied to that button. Doing so would not have to change anything on the group it is currently submitted in, but simply carry the information over to the Table for the other group.

Example: Issue 1 submitted to Electrical is a Scada issue.  *Press transfer to Scada Button* Scada now has a new work order with Issue 1 details that were copied from Electrical, and Electrical can close out the order with a note that Scada is taking over.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Bvandyke22 

The simplest solution is to combine all the data into one table and add a field that identifies the group.  Then you could have a Radio button added to a screen hard coded by group.  You could then set up a gallery to show work orders filtered by group.  From design standpoint, it doesn't follow basic principles to have different tables that  contain the same information.  It is far simpler to change one field that to have separate tables and move data between them.  It is possible to do exactly what you ask but to me, it is better to keep the back end as simple as possible and use the front end to accomplish your goal.groups.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Bvandyke22
Helper III
Helper III

Also, some extra info.

The Data Source is an Excel Work Book on One Drive.

Hi @Bvandyke22 

Is the structure of the tables different for each group?

No, When creating them I made a master table, then duplicated it and renamed each table.

@Bvandyke22 

The simplest solution is to combine all the data into one table and add a field that identifies the group.  Then you could have a Radio button added to a screen hard coded by group.  You could then set up a gallery to show work orders filtered by group.  From design standpoint, it doesn't follow basic principles to have different tables that  contain the same information.  It is far simpler to change one field that to have separate tables and move data between them.  It is possible to do exactly what you ask but to me, it is better to keep the back end as simple as possible and use the front end to accomplish your goal.groups.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,193)