cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
riyanariansyah
Frequent Visitor

Transfer attachment data from sharepoint to collection to be display on PowerApps

Hi,

I have some problem with attachment (as image) didn't show in gallery on PowerApps using Collections. I will describe the details:

First, I have data from SharePoint list: S_Risk (This data Has a Number, Title, and attachment (as image more than 1 image).

Then, I create collections (col_Risk) and the data source from SharePoint list (S_Risk) to be transfer to Collections.

I create button -> On Select button : Clear Collect(col_Risk,Add Columns(S_Risk,"Is Choose",false))

I create Gallery 1 -> On Gallery 1 Item : col_Risk

this is to show the Number & Title.

(The data Number & Title successfully shown in Gallery 1)

On this Gallery 1 I want to show the Attachment from sharePoint list with create Gallery on Gallery as Gallery 2.

On Gallery 2 item, my expectation is by using This Item.Attachments, and then on the Image as This Item.Result it will works as well as I using SharePoint List as data source, but If I using collections as data source, It doesn't work because the Attachments didn't appears in Collections.

The problem is, Why I can't get the Attachment data from SharePoint to collection? Is there any other way to get this? Because I need to using Collection due to the Data is using to be choose and I will show the attachment image more than 1 image.

Thank you

Warm Regards,

Riyan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @WarrenBelz ,

THank you for your support. And at the end I just create column hyperlink on my sharepoint list as Picture, then add my picture on sharepoint document (copy & paste the link into my sarepoint that I want use). After that I used my current function and the Image show as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @riyanariansyah ,

If you collect  SharePoint list, then no, you will not get the attachments in the collection.

If however how have the List in a gallery and want to see the attachments on a gallery for a chosen item - the Items of the Gallery

YourGalleryName.Selected.Attachments

Image property in this gallery to see picture 

ThisItem.Value

For standalone picture

GalleryName.Selected.Value

To show the first attachment on a form

First(GalleryName.Selected).Value

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

HI @WarrenBelz 

Thank you for your advice. It will work if I use data source directly from SharePoint not from my collections data.

I just thinking, can I add column for my Image on my collection, then I can used that in gallery? But i don't know how to use it

riyanariansyah
Frequent Visitor

Is there anyone have a suggestion for this inquiry?

Hi @riyanariansyah ,

Sorry I missed your post.

Yes, you can a column for your picture depending on how you store it will determine the syntax to view it. 

If you tell me how you are collecting it (the code and place) , I can work this out for you.

Hi @riyanariansyah ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @WarrenBelz ,

THank you for your support. And at the end I just create column hyperlink on my sharepoint list as Picture, then add my picture on sharepoint document (copy & paste the link into my sarepoint that I want use). After that I used my current function and the Image show as well.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,167)