Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MiniMe83
Helper III
Helper III

Transfer settings to view form from New form

Hi @WarrenBelz 

Another issue I'm having is that the view form isn't displaying the datacards based on the value of another datacard in the edit form. If you cast your mind back you kindly helped me put this together in the edit form, which still works. Thank you!  Unfortunately the configuration doesn't transfer to the view form when reviewing list items, (the view form has the same set up as it was duplicated from the original) so when looking at the list item only half of the data is displayed.

In case its all a bit grey, Ive put the setup below 🙂

Datacard 10 is set to: UpdateContext({vQty:Value(DataCardValue10.Text)})

The OnVisible of the Screen is set to: UpdateContext({vQty:0})

There are 12 product lines which appear pending the value (1-12) is entered. 

Again, this works in the edit form but doesn't seem to get transferred.

Note: Under one list I now have 3 forms, two of them were duplicated from the original. They are for the displaying purposes of New, Edit and View modes. Is this right?  Im going by what I have found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaCTT7bPuQg&list=PLMLjnY5iPR3Xa8WrL2nRqVO0CWZkZpYPh&index=2

Happy to post screen shots etc.

Thanks again 

54 REPLIES 54

@MiniMe83 ,

No games - I am trying to get you to understand your own code logic (as I have from the start). Your first post should have been something like "I have some fields with visibility set by entering a value in a box and cannot see them on my View form".

So I will put it together - several posts back you said

The cascading lines are set to vQty>0, vQty>1, vQty>2 etc

and then you say

The OnVisible setting on all the screens is: UpdateContext({vQty:0}) 

Can you see now why the fields are not Visible when you open the screen? The green box code has no bearing on the solution (the content has) - now ask yourself how can I make these fields visible when I open the View Screen?

Hi @WarrenBelz 

I cant seem to see your reply as a page 6 hasn't been made on this thread, but I did see your email.

Unfortunately I cant see the potential solution

Hi @WarrenBelz 

Page 6 has arrived...…...

I thought the screen OnVisible had to be changed to UpdateContext({vQty:Value}) but that didn't work

I thought I had to change the green box OnChange, but that was quickly ruled out.

@MiniMe83 ,

Yes - 54 messages and counting . . .

I mentioned the solution 11 messages ago (highlighted red bit)

But the green box OnChange event is triggered when a user changes something which is after the form is opened. vQty is not set until the user does this, so how can the form possibly show anything when opened? This is not a restriction in Power Apps, it it exactly what you have asked it to do. Had you put the same code in the OnVisible of the form and there was value stored, the fields should show.

`You need this in the OnVisible

UpdateContext({vQty:Value(qtyReq.Text)})

so you are actually doing the same thing as entering data in the field.
For your own sake and sanity, please read this document on Variables

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Hi @WarrenBelz 

Thank you for your time on this, I appreciate your persistence!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (27,061)