cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Translate an embedded Power App based on Dynamics / CDS translation

Hi

I am currently working on a Canvas App, embedded on the Dynamics CRM Account Form.

We have already populated the Translation within Dynamics and it works fine for Model Driven Apps etc.

However, the embeded App will always display Field Labels in English, even If I switch to a different Language in CRM.

How can I show the Field Labels in the same Language as the Dynamics Form (based on User Setting)?

I have a couple of ideas on how to translate but not on how to pass the required Language to the app.

Any input would be much appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Translate an embedded Power App based on Dynamics / CDS translation

The translations within a PowerApp will correlate with translations in D365/CDS, if

• The D365/CDS translations are configured (you indicated they are)
  • The User's language setting in D365/CDS is set the non-standard language
    • Note: The User's language setting in PowerApps will dictate if the Studio is translated as well
  • Things which are translated
    • Form Labels  will automatically translate
      • Any updates to the form labels will break the inheritance
    • Option set values
  • Things not automatically translated:
    • Data
    • Customizations without an explicit translation

That being said, you can also do custom translations if needed. This may depend on the volume of items to translate.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Translate an embedded Power App based on Dynamics / CDS translation

Hi @GarethPrisk 

Thanks for your input. Maybe we have a different Version in the Europe Region or it's just me not understanding something but your statement doesn't seem to be true for me.

I have a Form with Fields within my Canvas App. However the Attribute "DisplayName" of each DataCard is set to a fixvalue (i.e. "Primary Contact").

As a consequence if I look at the embedded App within a Model Driven App the Display Name will always be Static and the Translations do not seem to have any effect (even if the do for the Model Driven App).

What Settings am I missing in PowerApps to pull the Translations from CDS to my Canvas App Form?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,765)