cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
LucasCR
Level: Power Up

Translating a data loaded with flows from powerapp

Hello, good night, within my application that I am development, I have a PDF file that is created when generating a request, this generation through a connection between a PowerApps button that connects to a flow that is the controller to perform this process
One of the data that you load from the PowerApp is the date on which the quote is generated, but it appears in English (annex image) and I would like to change it to Spanish, what he tried is to change the language of the date in PowerApps, but it has not worked for me, it already triggers two scenarios
1-Keep generating it in English
2-You can no longer generate this PDF
Also attached is an image of the Flow field where the code that loads the date is stored in the PDF.
Thank you for your support.
regardscodigoflowpdf.PNGCapture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Translating a data loaded with flows from powerapp

Hi @LucasCR ,

Do you want to translate data in English to Spanish which comes from powerapps and will be used in flow?

Here are two ways to translate data :

1)translate data in powerapps, then load the translated data in flow

Firstly, you need to connect with Microsoft translator, then use formula like this:

MicrosoftTranslator.Translate(string that you want to translate,Target Language,{languageFrom:Source Language})

For example: 

MicrosoftTranslator.Translate(Label1.Text,"es",{languageFrom:"en"})

Please notice that you need to fill in text as the first parameter.

If the data that you want is a table or a record, I suggest you use Concat() function to connect them, then you could use Split function to separate them.

Here's a doc about this for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/connections/connection-microsoft-transl...

2)translate data in flow before you generate pdf

Firstly, you load data in English from powerapps. Then you translate them to Spanish.Then use this translated data to generate pdf.

In flow, I suggest you use translate text atcion.

The parameters are the same with these in powerapps.

https://collab365.community/translate-document-one-language-another-using-microsoft-flow/

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Translating a data loaded with flows from powerapp

Hi @LucasCR ,

Do you want to translate data in English to Spanish which comes from powerapps and will be used in flow?

Here are two ways to translate data :

1)translate data in powerapps, then load the translated data in flow

Firstly, you need to connect with Microsoft translator, then use formula like this:

MicrosoftTranslator.Translate(string that you want to translate,Target Language,{languageFrom:Source Language})

For example: 

MicrosoftTranslator.Translate(Label1.Text,"es",{languageFrom:"en"})

Please notice that you need to fill in text as the first parameter.

If the data that you want is a table or a record, I suggest you use Concat() function to connect them, then you could use Split function to separate them.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/connections/connection-microsoft-transl...

2)translate data in flow before you generate pdf

Firstly, you load data in English from powerapps. Then you translate them to Spanish.Then use this translated data to generate pdf.

In flow, I suggest you use translate text atcion.

The parameters are the same with these in powerapps.

https://collab365.community/translate-document-one-language-another-using-microsoft-flow/

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,841)