cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
malvarezcc
Helper I
Helper I

Trash icon in collection

hi, im making a timesheet app. (see picture) in the blue line is the data i'm adding to the collection ( + icon to add), then a gallery underneath (blue) to show the items i adding but i want to put a trash icon to delete a row from collection, i tried the code remove (shown in picture) but the icon is unclickable. can somebody help me? (the save timesheet button is for to send the information from the collection to the sharepoint list)trash.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ramole
Super User
Super User

@malvarezcc 
First try 

Remove(colTimesheetDetails,ThisItem).Value

Second option, if above not work

To troubleshoot what you can do is add new gallery use same collection add delete icon see if it will work

Thank you
If this post helps, then Click on the Thumbs Up below. and Accept it as the solution . to help others find helpful.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
AmDev
Super User
Super User

Hi @malvarezcc  - Check the displaymode of the icon to make sure it is in edit mode

thanks for your answer, yes is DisplayMode.Edit

AmDev
Super User
Super User

Whenever you try to select it in the editor in the app layout, does that then select something else i.e. whatever is masking it?

Is there potentially a transparent container or rectangle, which is spilling down over your gallery?

Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@malvarezcc 

Also, try moving it around a bit and make sure that it is actually inside the gallery.

malvarezcc
Helper I
Helper I

thanks @AmDev  and @DRR , is definitely inside the gallery and i have not something on top of it, i checked every layer and nothing on top. i can use every kind of button in my app but just that trash icon is not working. do you guys know another different code for this? thanks so much

AmDev
Super User
Super User

I see in the screenshot above that your Gallery1 is at the bottom of the controls tree.  can you try right clicking on Gallery1 and 'bring to front'?

Your code is fine as is if this icon issue could be sorted

Ramole
Super User
Super User

@malvarezcc 
First try 

Remove(colTimesheetDetails,ThisItem).Value

Second option, if above not work

To troubleshoot what you can do is add new gallery use same collection add delete icon see if it will work

Thank you
If this post helps, then Click on the Thumbs Up below. and Accept it as the solution . to help others find helpful.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,258)