cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Trigger Datasource refresh in powerapps via flow

Hi!

In my company, we work with ''large'' excelfiles. (Well, exceeding the 2000 row max in poweapps by quite a lot).
To get around this limitation I have set up a flow that takes the inputdata from powerapps, looks in the corresponding excelfile and creates a sharepoint list with the rows that meet this criteria. 

This sharepoint list is my gallery datasource. The time it takes to update the sharepoint list with the relevant data fluctuates between 1 and 15 seconds. To make the data visible in the gallery, I have set up a timer in powerapps that starts running when the flow is triggered, refreshing the datasource after 15 seconds (I took the upper limit to guarantee the refresh is not premature).

Is there any way to set up a trigger from my flow to powerapps that refreshes my datasource as soon as my sharepointlist items are created? It's a shame to have to wait 15 seconds when the list is updated in 2/3 seconds. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello @RickW92 

For have the better performance I highly recommend you use common data service current environment, this is the native data source, and it is going to have the best performance.

Hope this can help you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,645)