cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tlawsonpinewalk
Frequent Visitor

Trigger Patch on Change of PowerBI input

Hello,

For one of my PowerBI reports I'd like to be able to create an audit table of the records that my users are looking at (as this will be useful to prove to my auditors that the actual records are being reviewed).  I know there are usage stats built in to PowerBI but I am interested in the specific records that they filter on.

I can have a simple PowerApp that patches an audit table every time the PowerBIIntegration.Data value changes except that I can't find a way to trigger the Patch formula.  Setting a default value of a text input for example does not trigger the patch formula, the text input requires user interaction but I am trying to make this work passively.

3 REPLIES 3
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tlawsonpinewalk ,

From my experience, I don't think your requirement is available in PowerApps, we have no ways to recognize the change of PowerBIIntegration.Data.

If you want this feature, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas 

Best regards,

Sik

Hello,

Thanks @v-siky-msft 

I will add it as an idea.  I have come up with a solution that relies on a timer, every 10 seconds the app compares two data fields, if they are the same then it does nothing, if they are different (and thus the implication is that the user has changed the PowerBI data) then it will perform the Patch.

I know this is an old post, but since it hasn't been solved, I thought I'd share what I was able to do. It may be a bug in PowerApps, as I stumbled over this by accident, but a combo box OnChange() event is triggered by a change in PowerBIIntegration.Data change. I added a hidden one that set a few variables when it was changed and it's all working well now. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (48,281)