Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ginko
Super User
Super User

Trigger VAR from Dropdown Selection?

Hello,

I want write a formula where the variable set to True if one of several dropdown control options is selected and furthermore if certain criteria are met when that specific selection is made, but I cannot figure out which field I should apply this variable formula to.

OnSelect is too broad, it triggers the formula on select of any dropdown option. Does anyone which field on the dropdown control would support a formula that only occurs if one of the dropdown options is selected?

1 REPLY 1
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Ginko 

I would consider the purpose of a variable for any of this.  

Since you are stating you want to set one to "true", my guess is you want to then use it for some Visible property or other true/false type property.

So, skip the variable and just put the formula on your property you want.

ex:

yourDropdown.Selected.Value = "someValue"

The above will return true or false depending on the selection.  And if you used this on a Visible property, it would be visible or not based on that.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,827)