cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChiefSmo
Level: Powered On

Re: Trigger a Flow to Create a New Record

Unfortunetly I still can't get Patch to function. I have created the list and column names to a new list to eliminate the issue of spaces being used. I have also tried testing with one value to logically avaluate the input.

Patch(
ServerBuildChecklist,
Defaults(ServerBuildChecklist),
{CRNNumber: CRN_Input.Update})

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Trigger a Flow to Create a New Record

Hi @ChiefSmo ,

Could you please share a bit more about the error messae within your app?

Could you please share a bit more about the CRNNumber column in your SP list? Is it a Number type column?

Based on the error within yuor Patch formula, it seems to tell that there is something wrong with your SP list name, and the value you provided for the CRNNumber column.

I have made a test on my side, don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please check if you have type a proper SP list name within your Patch function.

Also please check if you have provided proper values for all Required fields (e.g. Title column) of your SP list within your Patch formula.

In addition, if the CRNNumber column is a Number type column in your SP list, I think there is something wrong with the value you provided for the CRNNumber column. Please take a try to modify your formula as below:

Patch(
          'YourSPListName',
           Defaults('YourSPListName'),
           {
              Title: DataCardValue1.Text,        /* <-- Title field is a Required field in a SP list, must provide a value for it. If you specify other Required fields in your SP list, you must provide values for them witin '{ }' part of Patch function */
CRNNumber: Value(CRN_Input.Text) } )

Please specify proper values for all Required fields of your SP list within above Patch function.

Note: I assume that the CRN_Input represents a Text Input box within your app.

Please take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,256)