cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
yanni99
Level: Powered On

Trigger a flow 2 times or set a Global Flow Variable

To shave 1-2 seconds printing I came out with an Idea and I wonder if this is possible.

I am currently printing a HTML document when the task is done. It's a normal Powerapps trigger that create a file on a Onedrive folder that get picked up by a script and printed out. That takes about 9-10 seconds for the process to complete. Shaving 2 seconds would really help in the environement this is produce. So I thought about creating the HTML when it's submitted instead of when the task is done. The item that gets dumped in the HTML does not change between being submitted and task completion. 

So want I thought I could do is dump the HTML file on Onedrive on submittion, wait there until task is completed, and when it's completed, move the file to another folder to get picked up and print. 

As far as I can see I cannot have two Powerapps trigger in one Flow. And I cannot seem to be able to create a global Flow variable that would picked up the file and put it in another Flow.

Any of you have an idea if this could be done?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Trigger a flow 2 times or set a Global Flow Variable

I suggest you post this issue in Flow forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Flow-Community/ct-p/FlowCommunity

This forum is used to solve problems of PowerApps.

Different supporting engineers are responsible for different forums.

If you post your issue in Flow formu, the engineers there are more professional about solving Flow issues.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Trigger a flow 2 times or set a Global Flow Variable

I suggest you post this issue in Flow forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Flow-Community/ct-p/FlowCommunity

This forum is used to solve problems of PowerApps.

Different supporting engineers are responsible for different forums.

If you post your issue in Flow formu, the engineers there are more professional about solving Flow issues.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,905)