cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alexx1
Helper II
Helper II

Trigger condition (on only 1 column of the sharePoint)- when a file is added or modified (properties only)

Hello,

I am currently building a flow so that an Email is sended if we modify a field (column of the SharePoint).

I try to use the "when a file is added or modified (properties only)" trigger but on only ONE column of the SharePoint.

If I modify any other column I don't want the flow to trigger.

To be clear I will add a Screenshot:

111.PNG

I just want the flow to be triggered if we modify the column "Statut" (and that nothing happens if "Délai prévu" and "Priorité" are modified)

Any idea would be very usefulll!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Alexx1 ,

One way would be to have a "shadow" column in your list - the first condition of the Flow would be that the shadow column does not equal the column you want to target. This would trigger the rest of the Flow, during which you could set the Shadow column to your column's value. This means if any other column was modified, these two would be the same and the Flow would not continue further.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Alexx1 ,

One way would be to have a "shadow" column in your list - the first condition of the Flow would be that the shadow column does not equal the column you want to target. This would trigger the rest of the Flow, during which you could set the Shadow column to your column's value. This means if any other column was modified, these two would be the same and the Flow would not continue further.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Thank you very much! It works perfectly!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,823)