cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mholdsworth2022
Frequent Visitor

Triggering OnChange Property Without having to click offscreen

Hi All,

I am working on an app that I have been struggling with. On another post I managed to get it to do what I need it to which is Click a button, that button shows text in an input box than the user edits the text and than the they press another button that adds to the string in the input box while retaining the edited text. I managed to get it working with the onchange property. The problem I am now having is that it seems the onchange property only fires when I click off-screen on the background. I have tried to use a timer, button, gallery and a regular box but it doesn't want to fire. Is there a way to fire the onchange property without having to physically click the background only?

mholdsworth2022_0-1659624434741.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mholdsworth2022
Frequent Visitor

I figured this one out. If you ever use CLI with a text input it requires you to use .value and it won't trigger the onchange. I have hidden this inputbox and linked it to another input box that has been newly created within the app instead of the component one. This now triggers it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
mholdsworth2022
Frequent Visitor

I figured this one out. If you ever use CLI with a text input it requires you to use .value and it won't trigger the onchange. I have hidden this inputbox and linked it to another input box that has been newly created within the app instead of the component one. This now triggers it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,037)