cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
piako
Regular Visitor

Troubles taking pictures in powerapps using Samsung Galaxy A Tab (Android device)

Hey,

When starting a powerapp on my Samsung Galaxy A Tab, I am usually able to take a few pictures using the 'add picture' or 'attachemet' media features I have in the app. However, after taking the 2nd or 3rd picture the powerapp restarts.

Uploading an existing picture isn't a problem. Taking the picture itself always works. However, when confirming the taken picture by clicking the ✓ symbol the powerapp restarts. This doesn't occur on any other of my devices

I once was using the tablet's browser (i usually use the powerapps application) and it informed me while restarting that the powerapp has run out of memory.

I have tried the following which havn't helped:

-Cleared cache in powerapp application

-Enabled 'Optimize images for upload' in the powerapp application

-Enabled 'Improved media capture' prior to republishing the app

I have also created a powerapp that simply has the 'add picture' or 'attachemet' media features. However, the same problem occurs. I even tried adding reset capability to the media features and resetting them after having taken each picture but this didn't help either.

The only workaround is to upload exisiting pictures but this isn't a realistic option for us. 

Thanks in advance!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,371)