cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
LarsDP
Level 8

Troubles with a simple 'add new record' SP-list app

I have had some experience with Powerapps in the past, but it seems a lot of updates have been pushed.

Right now I'm helping a collegue with a simple app based on a SP list which has:

* a PERSON field that is a lookup from peoplepicker

* a CRISIS field that is a lookup from a separate list

The puris that people can register their presence for a crisiscommunication with the app;

i.e. open app => select the crisis that is the subject of the meeting => select person from list => register presence

When I create a new single screen app with a form, a dropdown for CRISIS, a dropdown for PERSON and a button to submit said form, there are a few problems:

1) When I created the app from a sharepointlist, it was built and shown as a CRUD app, but immediatly after the initial 3 view app was built, I got this error.

"Error loading [datasource]. The specified record could not be found."

blank app error.png

2) most of the time only "No item to display" is shown and no form

3) When you pick a value from the dropdown, you can't come back on your choice and pick another value.

You also can't reset the form, the dropdownvalue isn't reset.

I'm forgetting a few things but this was mostly yesterday late at night. Will update when I can.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,260)