Not applicable

Troubles with collections

I am building a Time Card application. I have several collections

MY CREW

MY WORKORDERS

TimeCard Transaction

Hours

I have a gallery for the workorders and crew list

I have a colletion that created when selecting a crew member it knows who is selected and who is not

I have a variable created when a workorder is selected

Another variable is TimeType ST (Strait Time), OT (Over TIme), DT (Double Time)

Instance is equivelent to a date 

When I select one or more crew members I try to use the ForAll to update any existing records in the collection for the same crew member on the same day and same work order I just want to update the Hours for that record, if there is no record I want to add a new record.

I first started out that if you select a work order from the work order gallery, then for when you select a crew member it will update an existing record if it exists or add a new record if it does not exist. That worked fine. This is all being done on the app locally. And when the day is done the user can push a button and all records get sent to a SQL Server on Premis.

I want to make a feature that the user first selects all the crew members that he wants to update or add a new record and then push a button and the ForAll will go through each employee that is selected and add it to the collection or update the collection.

I have been strugling with this for many hours and with no success.

Need some advice.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is the syntax I am using to try to update the entire table if the user selects "ST".

When I have a list of three employees selected, creates one record and then stops.

I need it to continue through the collection.

If(First(vTimeType).Value="ST",
ForAll(EMP_ISSELECTED,If(IsBlank(LookUp(Filter(loc_Sav_TCARD_TCTRANS,EMPID=EMPID,WORKORDER=First(vWONBR).Value,INSTANCE=First(vInstance).Value),EMPID>0))=true,
Collect(loc_Sav_TCARD_TCTRANS,{EMPID:EMPID,WORKORDER:First(vWONBR).Value,INSTANCE:First(vInstance).Value,ST:Value(First(vCALC).Value),OT:0,DT:0}),
UpdateIf(Filter(loc_Sav_TCARD_TCTRANS,EMPID=EMPID,INSTANCE=First(vInstance).Value,WORKORDER=First(vWONBR).Value),EMPID>0,{ST:Value(First(vCALC).Value)}))));
SaveData(loc_Sav_TCARD_TCTRANS,"loc_Sav_TCARD_TCTRANS")

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (2,359)