Not applicable

Troubles with collections

I am building a Time Card application. I have several collections

MY CREW

MY WORKORDERS

TimeCard Transaction

Hours

I have a gallery for the workorders and crew list

I have a colletion that created when selecting a crew member it knows who is selected and who is not

I have a variable created when a workorder is selected

Another variable is TimeType ST (Strait Time), OT (Over TIme), DT (Double Time)

Instance is equivelent to a date 

When I select one or more crew members I try to use the ForAll to update any existing records in the collection for the same crew member on the same day and same work order I just want to update the Hours for that record, if there is no record I want to add a new record.

I first started out that if you select a work order from the work order gallery, then for when you select a crew member it will update an existing record if it exists or add a new record if it does not exist. That worked fine. This is all being done on the app locally. And when the day is done the user can push a button and all records get sent to a SQL Server on Premis.

I want to make a feature that the user first selects all the crew members that he wants to update or add a new record and then push a button and the ForAll will go through each employee that is selected and add it to the collection or update the collection.

I have been strugling with this for many hours and with no success.

Need some advice.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Troubles with collections

Here is the syntax I am using to try to update the entire table if the user selects "ST".

When I have a list of three employees selected, creates one record and then stops.

I need it to continue through the collection.

If(First(vTimeType).Value="ST",
ForAll(EMP_ISSELECTED,If(IsBlank(LookUp(Filter(loc_Sav_TCARD_TCTRANS,EMPID=EMPID,WORKORDER=First(vWONBR).Value,INSTANCE=First(vInstance).Value),EMPID>0))=true,
Collect(loc_Sav_TCARD_TCTRANS,{EMPID:EMPID,WORKORDER:First(vWONBR).Value,INSTANCE:First(vInstance).Value,ST:Value(First(vCALC).Value),OT:0,DT:0}),
UpdateIf(Filter(loc_Sav_TCARD_TCTRANS,EMPID=EMPID,INSTANCE=First(vInstance).Value,WORKORDER=First(vWONBR).Value),EMPID>0,{ST:Value(First(vCALC).Value)}))));
SaveData(loc_Sav_TCARD_TCTRANS,"loc_Sav_TCARD_TCTRANS")

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,218)