cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Trying to add a record to a form

Hi all,

I have a record (named "selecteduser") that i'm adding to a form.  I set the datasource and the item to the name of the variable holding the record.  The problem is, the datasource changes to "Custom" and Edit Fields/"Add Field" is greyed out so I can't add my fields.  One of the columns in the record has a value that is a record, not sure if that matters. 

I imagine it's because it's not a true datasource - it's a result from a graph API call using a custom connector.  What's the best way to display this returned record?  Is a label/labels my only option?

My recordMy record

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @russrimm1 

The datasource of a form must be an actual connector like a SharePoint list or an excel table. However the item property can use the a variable in a lookup as long as it references the datasource in the form like

Lookup(SPlist,  ID = variable.ID).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @russrimm1 

The datasource of a form must be an actual connector like a SharePoint list or an excel table. However the item property can use the a variable in a lookup as long as it references the datasource in the form like

Lookup(SPlist,  ID = variable.ID).

View solution in original post

Thanks, in this case I created a custom connector and returned the data using UpdateContext to store it as a record.  I ended up just displaying it all in a label since Form wouldn't work.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (20,325)