Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Trying to change datacard's Y position with IF condition

Hi all, 

My situation:

• I have a datacard Responsible_manager_Datacard1 with a dropdown connected to a specific SharePoint group (Items = Choices([@Testing].Responsible_manager);
  • Its position is X = 0; Y = 14.

I tried setting Y = If(User().FullName = ResponsibleManager.Selected.DisplayName,0,14), so that every time a ResponsibleManager would connect to the Power App, the Responsible_manager datacard would move to the top. However, my function does not work..

Perhaps someone could advice what would be the problem or even if it possible to change datacard's position based User().FullName. Any advice is very appreciated!

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: Trying to change datacard's Y position with IF condition

Hi @mantastg08876 ,

I would advise against UX patterns that move cards in this way for accessibility reasons. 

Can you share more about what you want the user to achieve? There are design patterns that the community can suggest here.

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @Mr-Dang-MSFT , 

Thank you for your reply. Appreciate it!

User Scenario:
- An administrator fills in the Power App with required information and shares the link with a manager;

- Manager reviews information, but can edit only 3 fields in the whole form. 

The desired scenario is that the fields, edited by the manager, would appear in the top of the form (added a rough sketch below). Therefore, I have experimented with the Y function which could change data card's position If(User().FullName = Manager...

powerappform0721.pngpowerappform0721.png

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Some questions:

• Does the manager need to see the rest of the fields at the same time as the 3 fields they need to change?
  • How many fields can be seen at the same time as the 3 fields to be changed?

If the manager would only change 3 fields, I would create a new form on a new screen with only those 3 things. Surface the least amount of things to make a decision.

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Thank you for the suggestion. Noted. Answered to your questions.

Some questions:

• Does the manager need to see the rest of the fields at the same time as the 3 fields they need to change?
    • Yes. It is important to keep all data cards visible for the manager. 
  • How many fields can be seen at the same time as the 3 fields to be changed?
    • Ideally all. The manager should be able to see the information while editing the fields.
      • For example, one of the 3 fields would be Comments.  So it would be beneficial if the manager is able to see information in other fields while filling in the Comments section.
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Looking at it another way: 

Do the fields the manager edits need to be in the order that shows up for when the administrator fills out the form?

If you keep the fields for the manager at the top for the administrator as well, since they seem to be important anyway, would that be logical for the admin?

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Thank you. Well, the ideal scenario would be that the manager gets fields ordered a bit differently. Administrator should see the fields in a different order than the manager.

As showed in this quick sketch, when the manager logs in, those specific editable fields should be put to the top.

powerappform0721.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,216)