cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BKOrange
Frequent Visitor

Trying to configure a smart link to my webapp..

Happy Thursday everyone!

I have a question about using url modifiers to create smart links. Any insight would be appreciated. What I'm trying to do:

• I'd like the client when logging in to land on our organization page and not the standard O365 page. I've configured the Company Branding (however for some reason can't get the login icon to change, but thats a minor concern). And I've tested it using the whr=domain.com addition. 
  • I'd also like the webpage to have the Powerapps action bar hidden. Which I successfully did by adding &hiddenavbar=true to the weblink for the app. 
  • Lastly, I would like to force login every time the link is used if possible, as if it was a private browsing session.  Mainly because clients will have 1-2 work/personal accounts already running their office 365, and I don't want by them logging into our company's app and cause them to have to do the accounts/login shuffle when they return to work and launch like excel, etc.

I haven't been able to get the force-landing on our domain page, and redirect to the weblink powerapp once they've signed in to work together. Only seperately. 

I'm trying to create a more seamless experience for clients where they can access our app. Login, use it, then go about their daily O365 experience without having to deal with the fallout of adding another account to their shuffle.  The simple work arounds of just telling clients "Uh, just make sure you open a private browser first, yada yada" just seems unprofessional for the type of experiencing the solution is trying to offer. 

Anyone who has experiencing using smart links with office/powerapps, your thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks!

BK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BKOrange
Frequent Visitor

May have found a part solution. It seems I am able to achieve most of what I want by registering using azure AD and registering an app in myapps, where the login portal is the one I want, and the redirect is the app without nav bar. So I'm calling that a partial success. 

So my question now, is there is an url modifer/smart link to force client sign-in? as if it was a private browsing session. 

Cheers!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BKOrange
Frequent Visitor

To be more clear in the path I'm trying to create:

• Client would navigate to ourcompany.com
  • It would redirect them to our O365 company landing page. And force a login as if it was a private browsing session.
  • They would sign in using an account we provide User @ ourcompany . Where we've assigned to that user a PowerApps account.
  • Once signed in, it redirects to the web app with hidden nav bar. 

Cheers!

BKOrange
Frequent Visitor

May have found a part solution. It seems I am able to achieve most of what I want by registering using azure AD and registering an app in myapps, where the login portal is the one I want, and the redirect is the app without nav bar. So I'm calling that a partial success. 

So my question now, is there is an url modifer/smart link to force client sign-in? as if it was a private browsing session. 

Cheers!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,836)