cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AaronO
Helper II
Helper II

Trying to connect MySQL on-premises to powerapps

I have a test environment where I'm trying to prove MySQL working with PowerApps.  I have the on-premises gateway set up, and I see it in the list of gateways in the data source screen when attempting to connect to the server. I have an operational MySQL database running on the same computer with the gateway which is also where I am connecting to the powerapps cloud service.  I have a couple of questions:

1. What actually goes in the "Server" and "Database" fields?  I thought I knew, but since the connection doesn't work, maybe I'm messing this up.  An answer relating to the MySQL environment would be good here.  Can I use an IP and port in the server field?

2. If the entries I'm using are correct, then my next question needs to be answered.  Why am I getting "Retrieval of the RSA public key is not enabled for insecure connections" error after trying to connect?  And how do I resolve it?  There is literally nothing on google pertaining to this error description in the powerapps context.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AaronO ,

That URL is linking to Power Platform Admin Center, so if you have a license and your account is one of the Admin roles you will be able to see the "Help + support" option:

vjefferni_0-1637639348152.png

As you were not able to see it, I think it's because your account is not admin. So please try and inform an administrator in your org to accomplish this or assign your account an admin role.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AaronO ,

Please consider raise a ticket on support page:

https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support

Best regards,

@v-jefferni Thanks for your suggestion.  I followed that link and it did not present any options to submit a ticket.  Could I get further direction on how to accomplish that?

v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AaronO ,

That URL is linking to Power Platform Admin Center, so if you have a license and your account is one of the Admin roles you will be able to see the "Help + support" option:

vjefferni_0-1637639348152.png

As you were not able to see it, I think it's because your account is not admin. So please try and inform an administrator in your org to accomplish this or assign your account an admin role.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (4,053)