cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Trying to create a dropdown menu where you can select email

HI Everyone, 

I know the answer is out there but I am unable to find it. I am just learning how to use power apps and am trying to create a dropdown menu where you can select an email address. There is about 15 different email addresses that need to be in this menu. Once you click on this email address and the rest of the service request form is filled in it will be sent to the selected persons email. I have seen how to create the drop down menu and how to load users in....still a little confused on that but any help would be amazing ty 🙂 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Re: Trying to create a dropdown menu where you can select email

["Email", "email", "email"]

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@allipickard
The response of @cds is correct. Since you are new to PowerApps I will also say this code goes in the ITEMS property of the dropdown.
Highlighted

Thanks everyone; ive figured out how to make a search engine and connect office 365 to this so the emails come up. I am currently working in flow to get the send email button to connect with this searched email and send the report to this person.. i know jumping in the deep end feet first with this one 🙂 

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @allipickard ,

Could you describe more clearly about the report that you want to send?

If you just want to send en email to someone, you do not need to use flow.

Just connect with office365 outlook connector, use this kind of formula:

Office365.SendEmail(inputTo.Text, inputSubject.Text, inputBody.Text)

You could edit content in  inputBody.Text part.

Then this email will send to the people that you selected.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@allipickard you can just add the office365users connector and use Office365Users.SearchUser() in the dropdown items prperty, set the Value property to Mail.  If you want to exclude certain users then just change the search term

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,415)