cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarkRoboHunter
Regular Visitor

Trying to disable submit button if room is not available.

I am trying to disable a submit button on an edit form if a rooms' time slot is already taken and approved.

This is what I am working with:

Data Source: SharePoint list (Calendar) called- Calendar_Test

I have an edit form that I am trying to validate the information with the data source.  I am trying to validate the following columns:

*Start Time (date and time column): input on the edit form is dp_NewStartTimeDate and dp_NewStartTimeHours

*Time Slot (single line):  text input on the edit form is txt_NewTimeSlot

*Approved by SSR (choice): (Pending, Approved, Denied) drop down input is dd_NewApprovedBySSR

What I am trying to do is disable submit button If(any item that is pending or approved in the data source and at the same time and date with the same time slot not be able to add a new item that matching that criteria) disable button until time or date is changed to not conflict with another item.  I am only working with 1 rooms' schedule.  

Is this possible? I have been trying to figured it out for days and I feel close but nothing is working.

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DarkRoboHunter
Regular Visitor

I was able to figure it out.  If anyone is interested in what I did let me know.  I don't know if it is the best way of doing it but it worked for me.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
DarkRoboHunter
Regular Visitor

I was able to figure it out.  If anyone is interested in what I did let me know.  I don't know if it is the best way of doing it but it worked for me.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,515)