cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gjeh
Resolver III
Resolver III

Trying to find feature as seen in pics

Hello, Im following a guide to create a certain functionality.

However I can't reproduce a certain screen. here are the details.

This is the instruction:   Add a label to the gallery and set its Text property to ThisItem.’{FilenameWithExtension}’.

guideIMG.png

As you can see in the menu on the right he has a Label1 field which he filled with the required text.

Since the creation of this guide the power apps UI has changed here and there, so I am having trouble finding access to this labelfield of the gallery. Anyone can tell me how to get access to it?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @gjeh ,

I am not completely sure of your question - but the image below is from one of my test lists - does this help?FileName.png

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Pranav_Shroti
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Hi,

Place a blank Gallery control (Green) --> Connect to a data source --> Place a Label on Gallery control (Blue)-- > Edit its TEXT property.

The picture you are referring to, is just doing the same thing. Its trying to bind Label control on blank gallery control.

Check the below screenshot --> I did the same as above. You can set the TEXT property of Label to FilenameWithExtension

CanvasAppGallery.PNG

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Pranav

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @gjeh ,

I am not completely sure of your question - but the image below is from one of my test lists - does this help?FileName.png

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Pranav_Shroti
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Hi,

Place a blank Gallery control (Green) --> Connect to a data source --> Place a Label on Gallery control (Blue)-- > Edit its TEXT property.

The picture you are referring to, is just doing the same thing. Its trying to bind Label control on blank gallery control.

Check the below screenshot --> I did the same as above. You can set the TEXT property of Label to FilenameWithExtension

CanvasAppGallery.PNG

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Pranav

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (68,492)