cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Siamak
Helper I
Helper I

Trying to recover a deleted powerapp

I have accidentally deleted a powerapp and am desperate to recover it. I have followed the instructions on this page http://powerappsguide.com/blog/post/general-how-to-restore-undeleting-an-app but when I try to list all deleted apps, the command returns nothing. Is it possible to restore the deleted apps in any way?

12 REPLIES 12
AngeloG

Are you sure your're Environment admin and did you try on correct environmnet? Another idea is...create news app "Test"  and delete it...only to check if you can recover it correclty.

Thank you Angelo

No, I am not sure if I am Environment admin. But I could go as far as listing all the PowerApps I created (excluding the deleted ones). Is there a way I finding out if I am Environment admin? I am not sure who in our institution might be.  

timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @Siamak 

I'm not sure why PowerShell isn't listing your deleted apps. The alternative solution would be raise a support ticket by clicking the 'Create support ticket' button on the following page.
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/  

There's a pretty good track record of Microsoft recovering deleted apps for users, so I'm pretty confident you'll get your app back eventually.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Deleted-an-app-accidentally/m-p/408056

Thank you for your reply. I'll raise a support ticket and ask for their advice about the list of deleted apps. 

timl
Super User
Super User

Thanks @Siamak - if they can find an explaination as to why your list doesn't include deleted apps, it would be fantastic if you could share that with us here 🙂

Sure I will. 🙂 

Siamak
Helper I
Helper I

I raised a ticket about 5 days ago and have received no replies whatsoever from Microsoft. I wish they would at least acknowledge and tell me if they can recover the app for me. @timl do you know if they are always this slow? Or unresponsive? I am sure they have received my message

timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @Siamak 

Sorry to hear about that - In general, I find MS support to be very good - they responded to me within 30mins once when I raised a ticket on a Saturday, and I had a conversation with them over Teams that same day.
Did you receive a ticket number when you raised the issue? It might be worth chasing them by raising another ticket.

Siamak
Helper I
Helper I

Ah, @timl my bad. I did receive a call from them within half hour of raising the ticket which I completely missed till a few mins ago when they called me again to remind me. I am now in discussion with them about the issue. Thanks a lot for the reply. Will update you on the progress

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,089)