cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Siamak
Helper I
Helper I

Trying to recover a deleted powerapp

I have accidentally deleted a powerapp and am desperate to recover it. I have followed the instructions on this page http://powerappsguide.com/blog/post/general-how-to-restore-undeleting-an-app but when I try to list all deleted apps, the command returns nothing. Is it possible to restore the deleted apps in any way?

12 REPLIES 12
timl
Super User
Super User

Glad to hear that @Siamak - I hope they manage to recover your app today!

Siamak
Helper I
Helper I

Ok @timl  Microsoft support guys asked for a lot of information, including the date/time of deletion which I don't know. Also the ID of the app which I did find fortunately. Then they asked me to use the PowerShell command with the new information I had dug up. And it worked - at least till I discovered I am not the tenant admin. 😞 So need to report the problem to administrator in my organisation. As you said, though, Microsoft support guys are good at responding - something I hadn't quite expected. Thanks for your advice and help     

Siamak
Helper I
Helper I

Ok, the last update on this. Microsoft support informed me that deleted apps are recoverable only within 28 days! As they couldn't see my deleted app, I assume I missed that window and am re-writing the whole thing 😞 Oh well, I am going to take my own backups from now on, just in case. Thank you everyone for your help

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,587)