cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Z_Lukowski
Resolver I
Resolver I

Trying to refer to Collection current item based on "Collection Name" combined from 2 collections column chosen in Dropdown

Hello,

I Have Collection1 with Name1 and Name2 columns,

Created a dropdown1 with Items:

Concatenate(Collection1.Name1,"+",Collection1.Name2)

When I choose any value in this DropDown1 I want to check if a  specific column in my gallery (Lets call it "Dogs") Contains Name1 or Name2 for current item, then I want to filter only "Dogs" with Name1 or Name2,

Important:My collection1 is not the same as the source of my Gallery, they are not connected.

How can I reclaim Collection1.Name1 and Collection1.Name2 from this Dropdown.

Best Regards

Zbigniew

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gabibalaban
Super User
Super User

Hi @Z_Lukowski,

Using for items:

AddColumns(Collection1,"DisplayColumn",Name1&"+"&Name2)

Set the value (to be displayed) to DisplayColumn

gabibalaban_0-1612857618875.png

And you can refer to selected Name 1 and Name2 columns with DropDown.Selected.Name1 / DropDown.Selected.Name2.

Hope it helps !

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gabibalaban
Super User
Super User

Hi @Z_Lukowski,

Using for items:

AddColumns(Collection1,"DisplayColumn",Name1&"+"&Name2)

Set the value (to be displayed) to DisplayColumn

gabibalaban_0-1612857618875.png

And you can refer to selected Name 1 and Name2 columns with DropDown.Selected.Name1 / DropDown.Selected.Name2.

Hope it helps !

View solution in original post

@gabibalaban I cannot express my gratitude enough, that's brilliant workaround, It will de facto give me ability to refer to This item in collection each time no matter the conditions if in my Input I'll add any column then it grants me access to any column in collection in this particular row. You're my savior!  Btw maybe by any chance You know how to filter gallery based on one column with exactly 2 results in that column.

@Z_Lukowski ,

Use: Filter(yourDatasourse,  ColumnName="Value1" || ColumnName="Value2")

If your DataSource is a collection you can use also  Filter(yourDatasource, ColumnName in ["Value1","Value2"] 

This form is not applicable in case your datasource is a Sharepoint list or smthg similar as you will receive a delegation warning.

I hope I cleary understood your needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,640)