Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
G99
Level 8

Trying to submit multiple forms, same SPO item

Hi,

I've got a Canvas app form, SPO list is the data source.

I have 6 screens, each screen has a different part on it (Part A, Part B etc.) but a user will only ever complete fields from Screen 1 (Form1_1) and another screen such as. Screen2 (Form 1_2).

Only Fields in Screen 1 have mandatory fields.

I was getting an error when I tried to submit the form, related to the 'To' email, so I removed the 2nd part of the code to troubleshoot where the issue was, On my OnSubmit I had this, which wouldnt work:

SubmitForm(Form1_1) && SubmitForm(Form1_2);

Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2(Form1_2.LastSubmit.ApplicantName.Email, "A request has been submitted by " & DataCardValue7_1.Selected.DisplayName, "Part B has been submitted <a href='https://apps.powerapps.com/play/000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000&REF=" & Form1_2.LastSubmit.ID & "'> Link to submitted form </a> ",{Cc:DataCardValue7_1.Selected.Email})

Now all I have on my OnSubmit is:

SubmitForm(Form1_1) && SubmitForm(Form1_2)

but now I get the following and I'm 100% there are no required fields missing:

An entry is required or has an invalid value. Please correct and try again.

Is this the best way to create this form, as I need other users to come back to this form to complete other sections in another screen not mentioned above, so I've done deep linking?

I wanted to use Flow, but couldn't get Deep linking to work from flow.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Level 8

Re: Trying to submit multiple forms, same SPO item

Hi @G99 ,

Ok - now we are dealing with a different issue.

Have a look at this post, particularly the comments fr the Microsoft employee at the bottom. 

However this video from Laura Rogers @WonderLaura may be a solution for you.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
WarrenBelz
Level 8

Hi @G99 ,
I am not up with European syntax (if that is the issue), but I would write this as 

SubmitForm(Form1_1);
SubmitForm(Form1_2)

&& means And() in normal context.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

G99
Level 8

Hi @WarrenBelz 

I no longer get an error, but the forms do not submit, i dont get a OnSuccess message and there is no data in SPO written.
Is it possible to submit 2 forms to the same list at the same time?

WarrenBelz
Level 8

Hi @G99 ,

Ok - now we are dealing with a different issue.

Have a look at this post, particularly the comments fr the Microsoft employee at the bottom. 

However this video from Laura Rogers @WonderLaura may be a solution for you.

View solution in original post

enelson906
Level 8

Why do you have  your SubmitForm commands in the OnSubmit property? 

G99
Level 8

@WarrenBelz 

I'd already seen that post the response from MS, but was hoping as that was over 2 years ago, something may have changed.

In regards to Laura's video, I do not see which video you are referring to, it takes me to Lauras page?

Thanks

G99
Level 8

Hi @enelson906 

Where should they be?

On my Submit buttons OnSelect is where i've used it for other forms... is this incorrect?

enelson906
Level 8

That's correct, You said you had your SubmitForm commands in the OnSubmit. Which now that I'm looking I don't believe is actually a property at all. Just confused me. I believe you meant OnSelect, which is correct.

WarrenBelz
Level 8

@G99 ,

Sorry it is not a video, but a very comprehensive article on the subject.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,604)