Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pawanjajoo
Resolver I
Resolver I

Trying to understand the PowerApps Licensing

Hi Community Members,

I am trying to understand on how the Power Platform Licensing will work. Here are my scenario:

Scenario 1: I have a Flow that uses a Premium Connector (SQL Connector). This Flow is being called from a PowerApp.

Question: Do I need only Flow Premium license or PowerApp License also? Or just the PowerApp License since the flow is being call from PowerApp.

Scenario 2: I have a Logic App which is being called from PowerApp. Logic Apps will have HTTP and SQL Connectors (Standard Connector for Logic Apps).

Question: Do I need to have Premium License for PowerApps in this scenario?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
akandis
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hello @pawanjajoo !

Question 1:

You are using a premium connector that will called within Power Apps for that you need a Power Apps per User or Power Apps per App plan, you need to choose one depending on how many Power Apps the users need to run. You only need a Power Apps premium license because the Flow is in the context of the application, another thing it's if you Flow won't in your application context then yes, you will need Automate premium license.

Question 1:

Yes, you will need Power Apps premium license, both mentioned in the other question. SQL and HTTP connector is Standard in the Logicapps but to call you that you will need a Custom Connector or HTTP connector to consume that and these connectors are premium in the Power Apps and Automate context.

I hope this is useful. 🙂

View solution in original post

gabibalaban
Super User
Super User

Hi @pawanjajoo ,

Scenario 1: If the Flow is within PowerApps app context, you only need a PowerApp Licenses for user who will use the app.

Capture.PNG

Scenario 2: 

We are in the same assumption as in scenario one as the your flow will use Premium Connector like SQL and HTTP Requests with PowerApps app context.

I attached the Licensing Guide Oct 2020 - version. 

Hope it helps ! 

2 REPLIES 2
akandis
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hello @pawanjajoo !

Question 1:

You are using a premium connector that will called within Power Apps for that you need a Power Apps per User or Power Apps per App plan, you need to choose one depending on how many Power Apps the users need to run. You only need a Power Apps premium license because the Flow is in the context of the application, another thing it's if you Flow won't in your application context then yes, you will need Automate premium license.

Question 1:

Yes, you will need Power Apps premium license, both mentioned in the other question. SQL and HTTP connector is Standard in the Logicapps but to call you that you will need a Custom Connector or HTTP connector to consume that and these connectors are premium in the Power Apps and Automate context.

I hope this is useful. 🙂

gabibalaban
Super User
Super User

Hi @pawanjajoo ,

Scenario 1: If the Flow is within PowerApps app context, you only need a PowerApp Licenses for user who will use the app.

Capture.PNG

Scenario 2: 

We are in the same assumption as in scenario one as the your flow will use Premium Connector like SQL and HTTP Requests with PowerApps app context.

I attached the Licensing Guide Oct 2020 - version. 

Hope it helps ! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,503)