cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gaborszollosy
Helper I
Helper I

Trying to use multiple filters on data table (user email and search textbox)

Hey!

I'm trying to create a loading screen where the people using the app would be able to see the saves made by them. The data source (FBFormSave) has a column (UserEmail), I want to pre-filter the table results based on this column, and then use another filter or search that checks for the company name (edt_cegnev) column, to see if there are any results after applying both parameters.

I tried using filters, filter+search, and every time I get the error message below:

problem2.png

Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I appreciate your time and help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @gaborszollosy ,

There is nothing wrong with your code (the message makes no sense to me), but assuming you want to find if the company name contains any string from that text box and also avoid Delegation warnings, you can try this, though be aware that the top filter needs to return record numbers under your Delegation limit. 

With(
   {
      wList:
	  Filter(
         FBFormSave,
	     UserEmail = User().Email
      )
   },
   Search(
      wList,
	  edt_betoltes_keroso.Text,
   	  "edt_cegnev"
   )
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @gaborszollosy ,

There is nothing wrong with your code (the message makes no sense to me), but assuming you want to find if the company name contains any string from that text box and also avoid Delegation warnings, you can try this, though be aware that the top filter needs to return record numbers under your Delegation limit. 

With(
   {
      wList:
	  Filter(
         FBFormSave,
	     UserEmail = User().Email
      )
   },
   Search(
      wList,
	  edt_betoltes_keroso.Text,
   	  "edt_cegnev"
   )
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

zmansuri
Super User
Super User

Filter(FBFormSave,UserEmail=User().Email,StartsWith(CompanyColumn,TextInput1.Text))

Thank you so much!! This worked! 🙂 

Thank you for your time, and assistance. Unfortunately, the Filter you wrote gave me the same error when updating with the actual CompanyColumn, and TextInput.

solution3.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,398)