cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Power Automate
Power Automate

Two Input Forms ok?

I wanted to check before I do something to ensure I'm not breaking a best practice, or impacting performance, on one of my Power Apps for SharePoint.

I have used the SharePoint template (builds an app with a browsing gallery, an edit form, and a new item form. However the New Item form is too short because I need a second form page. Would it be ok to have a second page for new items where the first page is Section 1 and the second page is Section 2, but when you click submit the contents of both go to the SharePoint list?

Thank you in advance for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Power Automate
Power Automate

Re: Two Input Forms ok?

Could I nest submits (EditForm1 and EditForm2)?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Power Automate
Power Automate

Could I nest submits (EditForm1 and EditForm2)?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Power Automate
Power Automate

I was able to work this out on my own - the answer appears to be yes..... but I'm not sure if it is good for performance or not.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Well done for working it out on your own. Did you consider sharing what you did for those who have found your question?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Two display forms on the same screen

I have quite a few columns in a list.  I can have ascrollbar to get more items on a display form. But for the text fields it makes sense to use "vertical" layout whereas for the the yes/no option buttons it takes a lot less space to use a horizontal view. The only way to do this seems to to have two display forms; although I can select an individual card and set layout as a property of that card this seems to allter all the items in the display form i.e. although a property of each field, all fields on the same form sahre the setting (if this isn;t so, please  tell me what I am doing wrong - it does seem a bit weird to have a property at the card level if it can;t be set independently).

But with two forms I can;t see a way to make one follow the other as part of a scroll - unless they are both part screen size. I'd like the 2nd form to appear on scrolling to the bottom of the first but I think the problem is that scollbar is a property of the display form and is not a property of a screen?

Is my solution to use two screens - and is there any guidance how to do this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,438)