cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BlueCatOwner01
Frequent Visitor

Two Power Apps Forms Two SharePoint lists, one column in common

Hi all,

I am developing a Power Apps integrated form with a SharePoint Online List. This form is integrated into what we will call the parent list. This SharePoint site, where the parent list is stored, has two other supporting lists. Let's call these supporting lists child1 and child2 lists. So this Power App has 3 forms total, one for each list. 

The parent list and child lists all have a unique ID field, this is what is being used to connect them all in the app. Let us focus on just the parent form and child1 form for now. When I create a new item in the parent form, I have it set up that the ID Number field in child1 form will take the text that is in the parent ID number field and write that back into the child1 SharePoint list upon submitting all forms and closing the app.

Upon editing a item in the parent SharePoint list the integrated Power App opens and presents the user with the Parent form in edit mode. Upon navigating through the app, child1 form is present and is ready to be edited. At this point the only field that has a value is the ID number field. This look up is done using the following formula in the child1 form's item property 

If(IsBlank(SharePointIntegration.Selected) || IsEmpty(SharePointIntegration.Selected), Defaults(child1), LookUp(child1, IDnum= DataCardValue45.Text)) DataCardValue45 is the parent ID Number field's value.

This works fine, the issue is when I am trying to update the looked up entry in the child forms. When editing the child form, when a couple seconds go by, the updated values in the child form will revert back to what is in the child SharePoint list. Please note that the form has not been submitted yet. 

Does anyone know how to stop the child forms from reverting to what is in SharePoint before submitting the updated values?

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (5,204)