Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M360alcott
Advocate I
Advocate I

Two SharePoint Lists, two PowerApps forms - wrong form opening

Not sure if anyone else has seen this behavior:

I have two lists (List 1 and List 2). Each list has its own custom powerapp form. Columns differ between the lists too. Everything is working well with the forms (new items, edit items, etc.).

BUT - if you do the following:

1. Open an item in List 1 (List 1 PowerApp form displayed) - CORRECT
  2. Close item
  3. Go to List 2
  4. Open an item in List 2 (List 1 PowerApp form displayed) - WRONG
  5. Refresh the page for List 2
  6. Open an item in List 2 (List 2 PowerApp form displayed) - CORRECT
  7. Close item
  8. Open an item in List 1 (List 2 PowerApp form displayed) - WRONG

I've been able to replicate this on two different tenants. Has anyone run into this?

Thanks!

16 REPLIES 16
Zooney1
Helper II
Helper II

I'm experiencing the same issue exactly. If the item is opened, the wrong form displays. Only after page refresh does the correct form display. Thought this was benign issue, but if that form is used on the item, List 2 item is now entered into List 1, so therefore it is a data integrity issue.

Added to Ideas  

v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @M360alcott@Zooney1,

Thanks for feedback.

I followed what you were saying, however, the issue “wrong form opening” didn’t occur on my side.

I have two SharePoint lists, List 11 and List 22. Then I customize forms for both the two lists with different columns.

Open an item in List 11, it displays correct fields.

Without refreshing the page for List 22, open List 22, it just displays correct fields of List 22.

Everything is just working fine.

I am using Edge. Which browser are you using?

Maybe trying to clear caches and cookies would help.

Please take another try with it.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I'm using FireFox, have tested and repro'd in Edge and Chrome, as well as 6 other people at a company I'm developing these forms for. These forms are fairly complex. I can provide screenshots if that would help, surprised you cannot reproduce this. This isn't intermittent, it occurs consistently every time when switching between lists. Why would a form be cached between lists? Only thing that resolves this is a hard refresh of the list page. I'm opening the list in the list itself, not from a list webpart on a page.  

Thanks for the response @v-yamao-msft - I cleared my cache and cookies but the issue remains. Like @Zooney1 the only thing that clears it temporarily is to refresh the list page. I have 12 people using these forms and they are all seeing the same behavior as well. I've replicated it in Edge, Firefox and Chrome.

@v-yamao-msft - just to add... we just went through a round of UAT with these users and no one experienced this until last Friday. We hadn't made any changes to the forms before this issue started occurring.

Same, I don't recall seeing this issue before and no one had reported it until this week.  @v-yamao-msft could you please post some screenshots of your lists and forms. This is definately an issue that needs to be further assessed and investigated. 

Chakkaradeep
Power Automate
Power Automate

Hi all,

Checking this internally to see if this is a regression. Will update the thread with any updates.

I tried to repro and could not repro from my side so wanted to get more info/repros before we can conclude this a regression or a bug. 

Thanks,

Chaks

R3dKap
Super User
Super User

Hi @M360alcott,

I couldn't reproduce this behavior on my various tenants.

What is the PowerApps core version of your forms ? (you wan see this when looking at the version history of your forms)

Emmanuel

I think I might have a repro, just to confirm I have the right scenario.

In my case the form for list 1 is not opened, the form is actually for list 2. I noticed this because my list schemas are completely different.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,687)