cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roknron
Helper I
Helper I

Two dropdowns one datacard update

I have an app where I have a dropdown that is populated from a sheet within the workbook that contains the main datasource.  Now I created an ID column in the table for the dropdown box control and the update formula for the datacard is "Dropdown4.Selected.Value".   I created a second dropdown box in the same datacard and hid this box as I want to use the value in the background based on the selected value of the visible dropdown in this datacard..  When the form is submitted the information for this column is left blank, but, the visible dropdown box value is posted to the correct column/record.  How do I update both columns?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the response, but, I found the easiest way was to add a datacard and an inputbox, set its default to dropdownbox of the other datacard then hide the datacard.  When the form is submitted the desired information is recorded to the correct column of the record.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @roknron,

Based on what I know, if you use the submitform function to create new record, the column that didn't specify any data would just stay empty, there is no way to input another datacard value (the second dropdown ) with one Dropdown value sepcified.

For details, please check the edit form:

Edit form and Display form controls in PowerApps

Edit form, NewForm, SubmitForm, and ResetForm functions in PowerApps

If you would like to specify the value with the selected data, we could take use of the patch function.

Patch function in PowerApps

Patch( DataSource, BaseRecord, ChangeRecord1 [, ChangeRecord2, … ])

We could use patch function to input the value which didn't add by the submitform.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the response, but, I found the easiest way was to add a datacard and an inputbox, set its default to dropdownbox of the other datacard then hide the datacard.  When the form is submitted the desired information is recorded to the correct column of the record.

View solution in original post

Hi @roknron,

Apologize for the misunderstandings. I may missed something in your first post.

Would you please share a screenshot of the form used, along with your data source table column?

Could you please explain a bit regarding "Update both columns"?

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,876)