cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Two filters for a control for 2 different SharePoint lists

Hi , I have an 'desk booking app' developed where , 'the desks which are already booked for a particular day shouldn't be displayed in the search box , as here we used 'combo box' control as a search box function'. Also as we have used a particular 'filter function' for a SharePoint list for other function , to display the 'desks' based on roles(manager or employee), in 'items' property of 'combo box' control.

so here , I tried using another filter function , using different  SharePoint list , but that is giving me an error , may be the syntax error or not really sure . so , will you please help with syntax using '2 filter functions with 2 different SharePoint lists' or how can this be achieved 'the desks which are already booked for a particular day shouldn't be displayed in the search box , as here we used 'combo box' control as a search box function'. please find the screenshot for the reference, the control is ' desk name' in screen shot .

Kindly help me here, as I have tried in many ways of getting it done , but couldn't achieve it .

3 REPLIES 3
Frequent Visitor

Could anyone provide solution for this particular requirement or say any alternative process for this?? as I was struck while using ' 2 different filter options for 2 different lists' or how this can be achieved . Kindly do mention what can be done here. For 'the desks which are already booked for a particular day shouldn't be displayed in the search box , as here we used 'combo box' control as a search box function'. As this is for office use , to book desks.

Please find the attachment of the formulas which I have tried & didn't get proper response & facing errors. Awaiting for the response .

Microsoft
Microsoft

sowmya_pv,

There's a bit to unpack here but it reads to me like you need to interact with the Visible property:

https://www.spguides.com/show-hide-fields-based-on-dropdown-selection-powerapps/

I hope this helps!

Patrick

Hi,

Thank you for the reply .  Have gone through the link , yes 'visible' property in the case of showing/hiding fields , conditional hiding.

But expecting for' filtering the control based on items/ desks which are already booked'. Like the value(desk) which are entered in the SharePoint list , shouldn't appear/ display for others to choose that option. As I have got a clue regarding 'filter' function but that's already has been used for a different SharePoint list , the booked data of desks in another list , so how that can be achieved here.

Kindly suggest any idea regarding that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,508)